Defiance may be a large, content-packed MMO but it doesn’t take a beefy computer to run it, either. The graphics aren’t the best but the game is still very much a worthy addition to both PC and console MMOGs. PC players will need an OK system to be able to play, though.
Here are the minimum system requirements for Defiance:
- Windows XP (also compatible with Windows Vista, 7, and 8) – No official MAC support as of yet.
- 2GB RAM (it is recommended to have 4GB of RAM for best performance, though)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz CPU or better
- Intel HD 4000 Integrated Graphics or better (definitely recommend using a better GPU than one such as an Intel integrated, a GeForce 8600 or something similar with at least 512mb of on-board RAM is something to aim for)
- DirectX 9.0c or higher
- An audio card that supports at least DirectX 8.1
- A broadband or better Internet connection
- 15GB of hard drive space (we recommend at least 30GB for patches and upcoming content)
This game is not very hardware intensive but if you plan to run it at the highest graphics settings be sure to have an adequate PC setup to do so. As mentioned above, the graphics are nothing to write home about so you really shouldn’t worry too much about having a beastly GPU.
Some players have had issues with lag in Defiance. It’s best to use a wired Ethernet connection versus a Wi-Fi connection when playing the game. Also be sure that your PC has the recommended stats, not just the minimum, to minimize lag and latency while playing. This can greatly improve your gameplay, especially in PvP matches or large PvE events such as Arkfalls or missions with lots of enemies in small areas.
Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 players are already set to go because, obviously, the game was tailored to those consoles’ hardware abilities for their ports.